1751: Hermanin Room installed; guest refectory today
Meals in an abbess's room
Abbess Maria Angela Katharina Hermanin zu Reichenfeldt had her private apartment installed outside the enclosed community, as was the custom for abbesses of noble birth at the time. Built on the first floor of the west wing, the apartment was embellished with curved embrasures and framed doorways. A large part of the costs were covered by donations from benefactors.
In 1787 the panelling was painted bluish-grey with pink profiles. Garlands and bouquets decorate doors and cupboards. The blue faience stove is well preserved. Today this room is used as a dining hall for the convent’s guests.