live

Now

Donate for our frescoes

23. February 2017

Donnerstags: Abend-Führung

2013

2013

Prioress Domenica Dethomas takes over leadership of the convent

2007

2007

Book illustrating Church Frescoes

2009

2003

Opening of the Museum in the Planta Tower

1983

1983

Müstair becomes UNESCO World Heritage Site

1969

1969

Foundation Pro Kloster St. Johann in Müstair

1947

1947 - 1951

Frescoes in the convent church uncovered

1894

1894

Carolingian frescoes discovered in the convent church

1810

1810

Abbey becomes priory

1799

1799

French troops occupy the convent

1758

1758

Chapel of Grace built for the Holy Blood relic

1751

1751

Abbess Katharina Hermanin von Reichenfeld room built; guest refectory today

1676

1676

Albertis room installed; nowadays guest room

1642

1642

Prince bishop's apartment built

1630

1630

Abbess Ursula Karl von Hohenbalken suite built

1528

1528

Convent church becomes parish church; church tower is built

1512

1512

Abbess Barbara von Castelmur suite built

1499

1499

Battle of Calven leaves its mark on the convent

1492

1492

Abbess Angelina Planta has late Gothic vaulting and nun's gallery erected

1394

1394

Portraits in the urbarium: founder Charlemagne and convent's patron saint John the Baptist

1210

1210 - 1230

Miracle of the Host of the Holy Blood

12. Jh

Mid 12th century

Monks' monastery becomes nuns' convent; apses in the church are painted in Romanesque style

1035

1035

Episcopal residence built for Bishop Norpert

785

960

Bishop Hartpert has defence tower built; now museum

800

around 800

Wallpaintings in the convent church

785

785

Chapel of the Holy Cross: oldest load-bearing beamed ceiling in Europe

775

775

Foundation of the Convent of St. John